Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Wednesday at the Looney Bin




Today I took a much needed day off. I have been going nonstop since last Tuesday.


Firstly I decided to clean off my desk top. I am organizing things and I have more papers than I could ever explain. Forms for everything. I then went outside and dared to open my trunk.


All kinds of papers get put in there. I carry two boxes in it. One for open house items and another for listing presentation/seller items. They both needed a thorough sorting and they got it. I then noticed I was not thrilled with my profile and I tweeked that. I think it came out pretty well. I am having trouble with my printer jamming. I have purchased many different weights of paper and it just pulls in several pieces at once. I think I may have to purchase another one.




This weekend is the long awaited communion for our niece. It will be bittersweet. We are heading up on Friday morning. At the same time my mother-in-law will be heading up to Boston to pick up my sister-in-law. She will be home for the weekend, unless problems arise which mean she will return to the hospital. Next week on the 8th she will be having another major surgery trying to remove the 1/3 of the tumor they didn't get last time. Right now she cannot even walk with a walker. It will be difficult to get her in and out of the church. I am planning to take a video at the house and many pictures so her daughter will never forget this special day.
I just hope nothing prevents her Mommy from being there but there is always that possibility.

I have purchased many things that I give away to my clients. Among them was a card that had the "Ten Commandments for Pet Owners". I love it so much I wanted to share it here. Anyone who has ever had a pet will relate to it.


1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful.


2. Give me time to understand what you want from me. Do not break my spirit with your temper, thought I will always forgive you. Your patience will beach me more effectively.


3. Please have me spayed or neutered.


4. Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for your kindness than mine. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. After all, you have your job, your friends, your entertainment. I only have you.


5. Speak to me often. Even though I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me. Your voice is the sweetest sound I ever hear, as you must know by my enthusiasm whenever I hear your footsteps.


6. Take me in when it's cold and wet. I'm a domestic animal and am no longer accustomed to the bitter elements. Keep my bowl filled with water. Feed me good food so that I may stay well to romp, and play and do your bidding. By your side, I stand ready, willing and able to share my life with you, for that is what I live for. I'll never forget how well you've treated me.


7. Don't hit me. Remember, I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite you.


8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, have been out in the sun too long or my heart may be getting weak.


9. Take care of me when I get old. You will grow old, too.


10. When I am old, or when I no longer enjoy good health,please do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not having fun. Just see to it that my trusting life is taken gently. Be with me on that difficult journey when it's time to say goodbye. Never say "It's too difficult to watch."


Everything is easier for me when you are there. I will leave this earth knowing that with my last breath that my fate was always safest in your hands. I love you.




* in loving memory of Sandie Sheltie Lass, you live in my heart forever and it was a pleasure to be with you for sixteen years, even the last heartbreaking minutes when your suffering ended
It's been two years and I still miss you fluffernutter....and I think I always will*

2 comments:

alphawoman said...

Ahhh..waht a beautiful sentiment. I feel like I am realtor hell. It's not really bad, just so stressful.

jennifer said...

You cleaned off your desk? Are you INSANE? I still have a 2004 calender under my junk. I've become somewhat attached to it.

Love those commandments. Makes me just wanna grab the wonderpup and just snuggle.