Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Finally.........some wonderful news

This is my husband, Rob and myself with our beloved niece, Cassie.
Last night I got a phone call with some great news. The doctors were able to remove nearly all of the tumor in my sister-in-law's skull. After eight hours of surgery they did an MRI which showed a small piece remaining near her neck. They are going back in this morning to remove that. She had told me that if they were able to get it all they felt she would go at least a year before a recurrence. They will radiate her head in a few short days to further prevent it's return. I am at least enjoying some good news and once again feeling hopeful. Another year is a wonderful thing to have with your child. I cannot wait until she is well enough to view the video we made of her daughter that day.


The sun is shining and the birds are singing and my heart is filled with gratitude and hope.

It's a grand feeling. Last night I went to see a woman who is going to have me list her house and find her and her children a new home. She was a beautiful soul and I look forward to working with her. It seems like things are going well all the way around. I have a full day today.
I will be going to have the pictures I took of the home put into a portfolio to show. I have much to do but it's all exciting and today my mind can be at ease for the first time in months.

2 comments:

alphawoman said...

She is lovely. Glad to read the good news! Good luck with the hosue. We still have not found one, but will have our house on the market in a few days.

Cynthia said...

This is all such good news. I'm hopeful and excited for you all. That's a lovely picture of the three of you.