Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sunny Sunday

I just got caught up on some blog reading. The time change took place last night and while others feel disoriented I think my body was still on this time from last Fall and the clock is more in synch with me right now. I know that while Duffy was waking up at 6 which was way too early, he will now be waking up at 7 which is my usual time to rise and shine. Duffy is like me. We wake up, we shake ourselves off and we are perky and ready to go. Not so for my significant other. He wakes up and his eyelids refuse to fully open until he has several cups of tea and a warm shower. His family warned me about that but I just laughed. Little did they know that on his visits to my home while he was still living in Rhode Island he woke up to see me dancing around the kitchen to Motown. He learned to deal with it. I have stopped trying to pull him to his feet to join me for a quick spin around the kitchen. Now I scoop up one of the pets to dance with. The cat doesn't mind as much as the dog.
I am loving this weather. Warm sunshine but gentle cool breezes. Yesterday I worked but was home in time to enjoy it. This week I am going to be covering for two women who are vacationing. I will work some extra hours. That's a good thing when you are only working "part time" although some weeks I put in thirty hours. We are invited to a cousin's wedding in Manhattan in July. I am hoping to be able to pull that off. We would want to sleep over because after partying who would want to drive home and public transportation would still mean driving at least part way. I still have some bills that must be paid off before we can entertain that idea.
Well time to go find out what is happening downstairs. It's entirely too quiet.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

I'm with Connie. Perky morning people make me wanna puke.

;o)