Tuesday, April 25, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNIFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This picture is of one of my birthday cakes.............today is a dear friend's birthday who gets the cake love that I have. I was going to get a cake with her name on it, post the pic and eat the cake in her honor. However, this weekend I was in the process of cleaning out my garage freezer when I found a cheesecake from Trader Joe's. You know when it comes to certain things I have NOOOOO self control. I did cut the cheesecake in half and take part of it to my ailing Dad. The rest I am now wearing around my middle! Rob would only have ONE piece of it. Don't think he's got self control. He vetoed the cheesecake in favor of his new addiction, Ben & Jerry's mint chocolate cookie ice cream. I am starting to suspect they have crack in this. I have never seen the man under the influence of a food like this, with the exception of beer, but actually given the choice, he'll go for the Ben & Jerry's. I love the man with all my heart but at times I ask myself am I feeding his addiction????

Back to the topic at hand, today is Xzasporated1's birthday. When I began to journal on AOL I was FTP ignorant. Jennifer taught me all about it.In no time she had me uploading pictures and music. When we all made the exodus to BLOG SPOT she came in and tweeked my journal, making it the lovely blog that it is. The flowers that you see here daily, were added by her. I genuinely like Jennifer, and not just for all the help and instruction she has given me. She has the greatest wit and sense of humor. Whether it's talking about her duties as a Meema (which she takes very seriously) or her duties as Walter's Mommy (lucky little Havenese) or her job as a college professor (one can only hope they realize how lucky they are), you can expect a witty entry. I often find myself laughing out loud. I feel she has brought so much to the journaling community. Her other blog, The Woes and Prose of an American Idol Fan is widely read and highly praised by people as well as blog critics. No one calls it as well as her. She's been with it since Season 1. I was a late comer and often rely on her insights as an "old timer". lol
So today please check out one of her blogs, be it her American Idol or her other
Still Randomly Rambling.
I promise you won't be disappointed.
And in her honor, please raise your fork and have a piece of cake to toast our fellow VIVI award recipient. Blogger extraordinaire we salute you. Have a wonderful day with many happy returns.

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Ah shucks, Nelle. Thanks for the cake. (Personally, I'm lifting 12 ounces in my own honor...)

You are so sweet and such a good friend. MWAH!

Vivian said...

Very well said Nelle! Jennifer is one class act! You've given her a wonderful birthday tribute :)