Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Random thoughts

On Easter Sunday I forgot to mention two things that happened. My Dad lost his crown as he was attempting to eat his Easter ham. My mother was busy still getting dinner on the table. He kept asking her to stop everything and come put his crown back on as the post was sticking his tongue and causing him discomfort. Mom kept ignoring him. Finally he looked at Rob and I and said that whoever helped him would be put in his will and my mother would be eliminated for not helping him. I can't tell you how this sounds coming out of the mouth of an 83 yr. old man but trust me it was damn funny. Later on my mother began to fuss over her Boston terrier puppy and he stated that he hoped in his next life he came back as a Boston puppy so that he might get some of her attention. That's when the laughter gripped me and I had tears rolling down my face. I love when he gets annoyed because his sarcastic wit takes over and he comes up with some real gems. Like the time my childhood best friend asked where my mother was and he said "in my pocket, where she always is!".
He's a character with his Southern accent. Honestly his mother was so much like Miss Daisy it was scarey.
Last night I had quite the panic attack. I have noticed that since I had the heart surgery I don't have such a strong feeling that I might lose consciousness as I used to have. It's still a miserable feeling with the heart racing and the frequent trips to the bathroom, and the oh so dry mouth. I do have ativan for just such ordeals and within about twenty minutes I had some relief. I did wake up my very tired husband for a quick hug. Bless that man, he never complains but only asks what he can do to help me. It's times like this that although I appreciate him on a daily basis, make me realize that in a world of coal I have a diamond. Thank you baby for always, and I mean always, coming through for me.

2 comments:

Rob said...

no..you're the diamond...kisskiss

jennifer said...

Yeah right. You just wait until Rob loses HIS crown then takes you out of his will.

Then we'll just see what you write about...

:D