Tuesday, July 14, 2009

UPDATE

Ok, here's the thing. Went back to the doctor yesterday. She listened to my chest and doesn't see an improvement. We talked about a few things. I am at higher risk having pneumonia because I am diabetic, because I don't have my spleen, because I have the bionic heart valve. Those are three factors. That's a lot. My age also works against me. Damn mother nature. My breathing does not feel better and my head feels both confused and dizzy. Just read those are also symptoms. Apparently my right lung (which has always been the troublesome one) has a LOT of fluid in it. The lung itself, and now fluid are infected. The crazy part is that I am not running a fever. I do have crazy and almost constant chills but my body refuses to run a fever. I have NO cough. My body does not seem to be doing any of the things it could to help me in this battle. The pneumonia is large according to the radiologist who saw it. At this juncture
(for all those political followers) the doctor feels I need a CAT SCAN. My cat refused and we are waiting to hear from my insurance company (who actually is really good, United Healthcare) to approve it. Then I will schedule it ASAP and find out if the pneumonia is larger than it was a week ago. IF it is, I am in deep doo doo. I will probably have to go inpatient and receive IV antibiotics. IF I get sicker I will have to regardless. Wonderful as my bionic heart valve is, should it become infected it means I would have to get it replaced. YIKES. No thank you. You can imagine how serious that surgery is and we won't even discuss the pain involved. So, I wait. I distract myself from worry by playing a few online games and taking lots of naps. Cause sleep is good for me. I also distract myself with snacks, such as the most delicious diabetic candy on Earth that Jennifer sent. Honestly, it is the first I would buy myself. The other stuff I tried was awful.
Yesterday Susan sent me a beautiful bracelet in the mail. You ladies are spoiling me now. In all honesty I have loved receiving those two packages. I cannot go out, cannot drive myself anywhere. Thank God for neighbors out of work right now who insist "Just call us". Hubby's car brakes went and his car is in the shop getting new brakes and an O2 sensor. Long overdue.
I will keep you up to speed. IF I get hospitalized I will try to borrow a laptop.

4 comments:

Ronni Gordon said...

Hope you get some good reports. In the meantime, sounds like you are doing all you can. Love those naps! Hope you feel better soon. Hang in there!

Missie said...

That wasn't good news! Rest up as much as you can and I will keep you in my prayers!

Judith HeartSong said...

I hope you get good news soon.... rest up.

alphawoman said...

Oh Nelle...