Monday, July 13, 2009

Still Sick

I have been awake since about 1 a.m. I had to call out of work today. I hate doing that but I am going to try to see my doctor again today. My chest is hurting. I couldn't sleep last night due to chest making noises and my heart racing. I want to make sure the pneumonia is gone or at least better.
Yesterday my sister went home, back to Albany. It was so hard for her to leave and very hard for my parents to say goodbye. She was here three weeks to help them. She is having surgery in about four weeks herself. She has been handling all the bills, referrals etc for my mother as well as doing all the shopping and meal prep. She is one high energy woman. Now my mother has to do this. Of course I will help when I can but I don't get home until 6 p.m. and dinner will be over by then. I am hoping that I can just go be with Dad and give her a chance to go out at least once a week. She seems so old suddenly and frail.
Well, going to crawl back into bed. Hoping for a better tomorrow.

4 comments:

Susan C said...

Thank God you're not going to try to drag yourself into work today, Nelle.

I'm so relieved that you're seeing your doctor today.

jennifer said...

Oh Nelle, I was hoping you were feeling better. I'm glad you're staying home though. Trying to work will just delay your recovery.

Hope the doctor has good news for you.

Missie said...

I'm glad you didn't go to work. Hopefully you got into the doctor!

Keeping you in my prayers for you start to ing better.

Missie said...

I'm glad you didn't go to work. Hopefully you got into the doctor!

Keeping you in my prayers for you start to ing better.