Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ode to Rob.............


On Thursday, August 31st we will be married four years. Doesn't seem possible....................

thinking back to the weekend that we met........

you were concerned that I would notice what was wrong with you
(that you were slight of height)
I was too busy noticing that your smile was melting my heart
that your eyes were pulling me into your very soul
and that your heart was so pure.

I was concerned that you would see my emotional scars
(my back was breaking from all the baggage upon it)
you noticed my laughter
my shyness
that I had not been kissed or held for a very long time.

Once we felt safe
we chatted and laughed
I heard words coming out of my mouth
They formed in my heart and not my brain,
They terrified me
You told me to relax and I did.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE PERSON WHO I ENTRUSTED WITH MY HEART.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary Rob and Nelle!!!!!