Monday, August 24, 2009

Restful Weekend

I am a bit in a rush this morning. I have showered but my hair still needs to be blown dry and the makeup which is taking longer and longer these days still must be applied for the mental health of those who work around me.
I really kicked back on Saturday. We did pick up new wooden blinds for the bedroom which Rob hung. Took down the curtains and those got taken to the cleaners. (Which means when I get them back I will air them out before rehanging.) Room looks good. I actually took three naps on Saturday. I was promptly woken up by the phone each time. One call was from our local newspaper which I have asked repeatedly to stop calling. I can read it online and I do not wish to have to recycle the paper anymore. It's a major inconvenience. Sorry Asbuy Park Press but you should privatize your site and charge for access. I might pay.
My fluid level has improved due to a RIGID diet on my part. It's bland and unappealing but it is working. I still have the fluid in my lung but other than wheezing when I lay down it's not a major ordeal.
My Dad looked really bad yesterday. I won't go into the details but he is on a steady decline. Sometimes it hits me really hard as it did last night. Other times it doesn't. He screams out in pain from his legs hurting. It's so stressful to see. I am not sure how much longer my mother will be able to have him home if he continues to decline. My mother always hated cursing. He curses nonstop now and that seems to upset her more than anything. It's like the ONLY words he correctly pronounces are the ones that were always forbidden in our house. While there is something that amuses me about this, it drives poor Mom insane. Another work week has arrived. Time to grab some breakfast and finish preparing for the day ahead. Hope you all have a wonderful week and remember to appreciate all the things you are able to do. My sister-in-law Leslie is better but looking at a minimum of a four month recovery at home. There are so many people who are deprived of the simple things we take for granted, such as walking. I am going to try to find time to go visit her soon. Sometimes someone giving their time to visit means more than anything else.

1 comment:

Bookncoffee said...

Hope you are having a good Monday....I doubt those around you would have poor mental health if they saw you w/o makeup but that made me laugh. ha.

I'm sorry about your Dad not doing well. George's Dad goes in to have his aorta stretched on Wednesday. Have you ever heard of such. This is scaring me. I need to look it up. I think George is taking off work to wait with his Mom.