Sunday, July 23, 2006

Wonderful Weekend

I had a simply wonderful weekend. My sister came from upstate New York. She brought her friend with her and her daughter. We had a nice cookout at my parents house and went out to lunch today. My niece, recently back from a semester in England where she managed to travel all over Europe looks fabulous. She will be starting her senior year at college and I envy the place she is in her life with so much to look forward to. She wants to be a pharmacist and she seems to have it all together. Her sister is living near my parents with her father and they got to have some quality time together as well. My sister is going through a difficult time. She will be having surgery the end of August. For her privacy I will not discuss it but we are all concerned. Being the older sibling is difficult. You feel compelled to take care of the younger siblings. Rob's sister will be having surgery Sept. 4th as well.
Rob is going through a series of tests with my cardiologist. He has a sometimes racing heartbeat. Sometimes tachycardia is not serious and other times it can be symptomatic of a serious condition. Our doctor is making sure that it is not serious. His final test is August 7th and then we will know hopefully soon after that. My cardiologist is now treating me, my father and my husband. I should get kickbacks or at least free meds!
I did my first major mail merge at work last Friday. It went smooth as silk. I was relieved. This weekend my sister bought a mail merge with her done by an underling. The woman pulled some major errors. Now she will have to redo a lot of the work this week. My wrists hurt from all the folding, stuffing etc. but my mind is happy that I figured it out on my own and pulled it off. I am thinking that I might go to school at night and get a real estate license myself. It would be a good source of a second income for me. It would also help me to better understand some things that happen. This would be a commitment for four months, two nights a week at a college. I know a woman who is going to do it so I would have a partner. She is lovely and I think it would work well for us.
Well it's time for bed. My weekend was full, went by too quickly, but I had some good laughs with my sister. Just to be able to hug her and let her know I care made me feel a lot better.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

So glad you got to hug that sister! We only get so many of those. And I hope all the medical issues are resolved well and soon!

And YES - GO TO COLLEGE!!!