Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Neighbor's Influence

I found out a few days ago that one of my favorite neighbors will be moving. I am sad about this. These are neighbors who were ideal. When we moved in we had some people coming to give us fence estimates. The man came over and offered to help Rob do it and save us several hundreds of dollars. The real deciding factor was that we would have to wait for weeks for a company to do it and Sandie was used to a larger yard. We did it for her safety. Throughout the four years we have lived here, these people have done more kind things than I could ever tell. They sent me flowers when I was in the hospital and came over to check on me when I got home. We have become fond of their two daughters and watched them grow. They will be moving to Florida where the wife's family is. Although I hate to see them go, I am thankful for the opportunity of having such wonderful people near us.
A neighbor on the other side of us is a problem person. Trust me, when people cannot get along with me, they are problem people. ::::insert laughter::::::
When we first moved in this woman gave her car keys to her adolescent son who promptly backed the car down the driveway losing control of it and plowing into my car. As I was calling the police, she began to scream at me that it was not neighborly to involve the police. I chose not to press charges against her or her son but she continued to say I was difficult when I told her I expected her to pay for the damages. She chose not to contact her insurance company and I went along with that. Still, she found me unreasonable. Since then I have more or less avoided her. A few weeks ago when something blew into her yard she contacted our township and told them I was grooming my cat and throwing volumes of cat fur onto her lawn. Now honestly, this was quite funny. She went to the down and got a variance to put up a six foot fence. (the kind with the criss cross on the top foot.). I will be relieved not to have to see into her yard which is becoming more unsightly daily.
I just hate not getting along with someone. Our township government all know her and think her odd. Imagine that. Her thinking I am the difficult one. She contacted the town and told them we were tossing charcoal briquets onto her lawn. The official burst into laughter when I told her I had a gas grill. There are no briquets to throw and if she thinks I would chuck good lava rock then she is truly insane.
I have off tomorrow. I hope I can find some time to get into my zen meditation garden and just zone out. OHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

3 comments:

alphawoman said...

Neighbors..can't stand them, can't kill them.

jennifer said...

I wanna go live with Connie. LOL

Every time I hear neighbor horror stories, I get this urge to bake cookies to take to mine, all of whom are thoughtful, funny and just plain great.

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY!
»