Saturday, October 17, 2009

BRRRRR It's Cold!!!

Yesterday I ran out to get milk and the minute my ankles hit the chilly air I knew the temperature had dropped quite a bit. It snowed (although I think it was rather light) in Northern Jersey. It snowed in New York, although not in Albany where my sister is. It rained on and off all day yesterday and there are some sprinkles today.

My grandmother's funeral is Monday. We are heading out at 7 a.m. to go about two hundred miles. I find it a bit nerve wracking to have to wait so many days before the funeral but there were people coming from all over and the only other time available was Saturday at 10 a.m. That's early when people are coming from two hundred miles away. With my Dad in his present condition, we are going to get home quickly. He is angry that he is not being taken but that would be impossible. My mother had to get two different nurses and is having their friends, a couple, stay with him throughout the day as well. My father seemed unable to say anything yesterday that we could understand. It's frustrating for both of us.

I woke up suddenly at 5 a.m. and the asthma was kicking in. I grabbed the inhaler then turned on the shower and between the two it got quickly under control. It's hard not to feel a moment of panic now when I have trouble breathing. I instantly fear a trip to the ER, or worse, another hospitalization. I got my disability papers and I will get less this time because I received disability back in February for eight weeks. They base it on my yearly earnings and so far I am down seven thousand from last year. Getting sick is expensive. I really can't afford it.

Rob is going to be cooking tonight. He makes a recipe we got from Wegman's Menu magazine. It's sausage (using a low fat version) and peppers. It's really delicious and you have it over pasta. I use whole wheat now. Since I have been up since 5 a.m. I may need a tiny nap soon so that I can be awake and alert to enjoy my dinner. Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend and staying warm. Yesterday I spoke with my friend who is in Ft. Myers, Florida. She said it was 91. Is there anywhere that has a steady temp of mid 70s? That's my ideal.

No comments: