Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Trying to catch a break

Things in my life have been topsy turvy since Saturday. On Saturday I went to work and put my purse in my boss's office. (The keys to open her office were inside the purse.) She came in did some work and left. After she left I realized that she had locked the office with my purse in it. I called her cel phone but she was with a client and I had to wait nearly two hours for her to come back to get it. When I got home I had hoped to attend our township celebration day. They were having a lot of music and fireworks. Our neighbors were on and off about joining us. In the end they didn't and we didn't go. I had Rob pick up ground beef for dinner and made a meatloaf. After waiting for it to cook when I went to slice it a rancid smell filled the air and we had no dinner.

Sunday I went grocery shopping and caught up on a few other things.

Monday I was rushing around like crazy and my head was abuzz with all the things I was going to accomplish that day. I opened my purse standing next to my car and saw that my keys were not in it. Panic. I pulled out my cel phone and there was one bar left. DAMN! I called my mother and told her I needed her to give me a lift to Rob's work so I could take his key. When she picked me up she let me know that my father had planned to take her to lunch. I told her that she had plenty of time left and could be at the restaurant by 1. This was not good enough though. We had been to Rob's job site and returned here in less than an hour. When I did get back I left for my bra shopping ordeal. I went to a dept. store having a huge sale. I found two that fit and they were on sale so I got them. I ran over to my cardiologist office and got a much better report than I did last month. I was feeling good and decided to go to the bra outlet place where you get good attention. I was measured and the salesperson presented me with TWENTY bras in my size. Two of them fit well. I took them and headed home. It was a good day. I decided to bake cakes for two men I worked with who are single and were having birthdays. I baked an extra one and invited our neighbors over. They said they were coming and I prepared a pitcher of margaritas, lit outdoors torches and candles and chilled their favorite beer. When all this was done the phone rang and they said they couldn't make it. Hmmmm....okay.

Tuesday morning I arrived at work an hour early. There was a meeting and I needed to slice bagels and arrange furniture. This went off without a hitch until something was said to me that was very embarassing. Basically my presence was not required at a meeting. Whatever happened to calling someone aside and speaking to them privately? It ruined my day.

Wednesday today took the cake. I went to work and that went okay. I had an appointment after work to have an MRI of my left shoulder. It's been painful and difficult to move. I arrive at the place at 4:15. They tell me they have lost their power. Not sure when it will be back. They think I need to reschedule but can't do it without their computers. They'll call me. I had hung around town running errands killing that hour before the appt. I come home after picking up sandwiches for dinner. Rob comes in eats and showers for his yearly physical appt. Just as he is leaving and a neighbor shows up at my front door with her huge dog, the phone is ringing. The MRI place has their power back, can I come for 9? I say I can. Rob gets home just in time to take me. When I arrive I reconfirm that this is for an OPEN MRI. Yes. They take me in and show me this machine. They have to be kidding. This is NOT open. It's about 4 feet long and solid. The regular machine is 9 feet so the man tells me that this is considered open. He insists on putting me on the table and putting me in the machine. OK I bite. After about 30 seconds I demand to be taken out. I have a fear of being buried alive. This is way too close for comfort. He tries to persuade me but I tell him NO. He says I need to be tranquilized. Hmmm let me put it this way if I am conscious it's not going to happen. I am now home and very tired. I need to have a few consecutive easy days.

My boobs are looking perkier in my new bras but the shoulder thing is going to need a different approach. What is it that MRI people don't understand the word OPEN?
A long tube is NOT open. There has to be a better way.

3 comments:

alphawoman said...

Wow! What a couple of busy days you are having.

jennifer said...

Sounds like your stars were NOT aligned properly. You know what I would do in that situation: drink BOTH the beer AND the margaritas.

Hope things have gotten better, cause, you know, that's pretty much the only alternative.

:D

Theresa Williams said...

Finding a well-fitting bra is an accomplishment! I've nearly given up on that one. Thanks for your recent visit to my blog. I laughed when I read about your mother's new Boston. They do have a lot of energy! My husband loves playing with Buddha. But when we don't want to play we tell him to settle down and he does.