Friday, June 02, 2006

I miss.............

I miss many things right now. I miss the carefree life I had before having to take life saving meds and the tests required to monitor them. I miss my chest before it got this "hypertrophy" scar that people keep asking about. I miss Pam and her entries and the hope that things would be okay for her. I miss Duffy being small enough for me to scoop him up in my arm. I miss my Sandie and have come to the realization that I always will. I miss my neighbors who left today to go to the Nascar race at Dover, Delaware. I miss reading without having to change glasses....or to squint. (Still can't figure out how that works but somehow it does.)
I miss driving by Manhattan and seeing the twin towers. I will never get used to that either. I miss the feeling that I lived in a country where things like that could never happen.

I miss living in a world where people treated each other with kindness and respect.

Thank you to everyone who emailed me or made a comment after my last post. You are examples that kindness does still exist. Thanks, I really needed that.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh Nelle, big hugs to you. Hang in there and know you're not alone.

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»