Friday, June 09, 2006

TGIF............sort of

Today is Friday and I should be jumping for joy.......except that I have to work tomorrow AND next Saturday so it doesn't feel like a real weekend. Even though I will have Mondays off afterwards, it's just not the same. Besides this Monday I will be going to my cardiologist. He's a brilliant but not the most patient man. He has a biting wit which I do enjoy like when he asked me recently if I were taking my blood thinners (Coumadin) recreationally. This is the most difficult drug to get the dose right on. Nearly all other medicines, the food that you eat, and alcohol consumption can alter it. It's usually too high or too low but rarely at the target number. When the count is off it often means blood tests every two weeks instead of each month. I hate needles and I hate copays.

Yesterday my problem neighbor (who had a pool up last year without the benefit of a fence called the township to lodge a complaint about us. Although initially annoyed, the more I reread the letter the funnier it became. Firstly she claims that we put use charcoal and burnt food on her property. We use a gas grill and there IS no charcoal. Rob is an expert chef and there has never been any burnt food either, except for an occasional hot dog which he chars the outside of for me. I wouldn't even share that with the dog. Her second absurd claim is that we are grooming our cat and throwing the cat fur on her property. This person has two DUCKS roaming her back yard which is littered with feathers. She would know a piece of cat fur? We have an indoor cat and he gets brushed inside with the fur being put into the garbage. This woman has an environmental easement on her property as do we. She was seen cutting down trees which I feel border the easement, if are not inside the easement. I took some pictures. I guess she thinks this is my payback. How sad that in life we have to deal with some people like this. This woman came from another country, is a single mother of three and has no visible means of support. She drives a new vehicle and her children are in private schools. They dress beautifully. You have to wonder. It makes me think something has gone terribly wrong in this country.
In this state and in the town where I grew up.

No comments: