Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Taking Care of Business

As of Monday I am out of work on temporary disability. I never knew there was so much paperwork to do. It is my understanding you can only get 60 per cent of your working salary, even if you have a back up insurance as I do. Not sure why then I am paying for that. I guess it will take a few weeks to figure all that out. I cringe knowing how much time my doctor will spend filling out all these forms. My car payment will be covered while I am out by a policy I took, which since I am getting partial salary will certainly help. I learned not to expect a check from disability for eight weeks. That's a long time I think. Thankfully we are not people who spend every last dime and I always have credit cards for an emergency. Of course I am praying I won't have to use them.

I ended up back at the doctor's Monday and I go again next Monday. Next week I also get my stress test which I am a bit anxious about. I also see the endocrinologist and he will let me know if I am on the right medicine and dosage. Have I mentioned how grateful I am to have insurance that does not require me to get referrals for everything I do? It's enough just to make all these appointments, which all require copays. I am trying to keep my stress level to a minimum.

I am concerned about my friend Ronni who has not posted in a week. She had a bone marrow transplant and I know she is going through so very much but she did manage to post right after receiving the new marrow. I check throughout the day and eagerly await her next post just to know she is doing okay. She is so brave, having gone through this twice before. I know it's expecting a lot for her to post I just want to know so badly that she is doing okay. At this point all I can do is pray and wait.

4 comments:

Susan C said...

I'm so glad that you'll have the opportunity to take care of yourself for a while.

I, too, have been really worried about Ronni.

IndigoSunMoon said...

I hope your friend Ronni is alright sweetie.
And I know its going to be hard being out of work for a while,but I think you did the right thing.
Love you dear friend!
Connie

Judith HeartSong said...

You just take good care of you right now. Sending love and hugs, judi

Missie said...

I love not having to worry about referrals too. It makes getting to doctors in a timely matter.

I'm glad you were able to get everything settled so you can stay home and get well.