Saturday, April 21, 2007

The weekend off

This started out to be a bad week. My sister-in-law was hospitalized again. Her incision from her surgery has not healed. She was leaking spinal fluid and they are dealing with that right now. My mother-in-law has been taking off work and driving over an hour each way to see her. We have had a hard time keeping in touch with updates. We finally had a room phone number but when one is on morphine they are a bit difficult to communicate with. At least we know she is resting comfortably. This entire week has been one where it's been difficult to unwind or sleep. I am feeling exhausted and nothing I do seems to help.

The weather today was beautiful. Sunny and bright and warm. We went out for lunch.
We came home and sat outside for awhile. My son came over and we chatted with him. He has been reading the DSM and I am not sure this is a good thing. He has theorized that an intelligent person could easily convince professionals they were sane, despite their issues. Yes, I know that and find it scary. Particularly in light of the Virginia massacre.

Today I found a real bright spot. For those of you journalers who read Pennie's blog, there was wonderful news. She is home and a post from her is in the journal. I am so thrilled that she is now back at home and doing well. She is a courageous woman and an inspiration to all.

WELCOME HOME PENNY!

No comments: