Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The waiting is the hardest part (yeah Tom Petty nailed that one)

Waiting just plain bites. I have been waiting over 48 hours to hear who got the job I interviewed for. I was told she had about half a dozen candidates interviewing. What really gets me is that she wanted to know when I could start. That answer changes when you remove two days from the estimate you gave with giving notice. At this point I am wondering if she just cannot make up her mind or what. I am not sleeping. I was up at 6 a.m. getting together tax information. I drove past the post office on the way TO work and again on the way home. Now I have to go back out and get stamps, mail bills that are already in envelopes, and get gas in my car. I have to keep busy. I was feeling that my interview went well. In my entire life I have only interviewed 5 times and gotten three of the jobs. The only other job I didn't get I later found out was a political favor to someone else. I have a pretty good track record so far. I really like the office manager who interviewed me. I hope I don't end up with a bleeding ulcer! Just kidding, but would like to know, hopefully by day's end and it's already 4 p.m. Now I am throwing on my shorts as it's like a summer day and heading off to the post office.

2 comments:

alphawoman said...

I hate this part too, when you want the job and are waiting waiting waiting. You'll get it, I'm certain.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.