Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Back to the usual...

My aunt went back to Maryland on Sunday afternoon. Yes, I already miss her. We didn't get to spend as much time together as either of us wanted. The few times my mother invited me to join them I wasn't feeling well or just couldn't. On Saturday I picked her up and we went shopping at the Crate & Barrel outlet then the Coach outlet where she was thrilled at the prices. She left with two bags and matching wallets for each.

I have been feeling extra tired and sleeping more each night. I am also having a swelling in just one of my feet. The foot is painful to touch. I am sure it is full of fluid. Tomorrow I will have to go see a doctor I think to have them confirm that is all it is. I spent much of today trying to get papers together for the long term disability company. They have been subsidizing my SSDI to see that I get a total of 50% of my former salary but that ended January. I am trying to see if they will continue until July. In order for them to do that my doctors have to document that I could not do my job. Clearly, I could not. Unfortunately, I have many doctors involved and all of them must fill out and return the papers. I don't know why they make me do all this over and over again, well they just don't want to pay if they don't have to. They are a business, not a charity. Since SSDI approved my first application that means that the long term prognosis is poor at best. I was told by them most applications approved the first time are for stage 4 cancer patients only. I am glad for the SSDI but it's just nowhere near enough money to meet my expenses, even added to Rob's salary. I have taken on the Scarlett O'Hara attitude "I'll think about that tomorrow."

We are expecting a snow shower tomorrow and I am really excited. More expected Saturday. I am coughing and hoping I am not getting sick, especially with the P____ I cannot even say the word. Going to shut the computer down now and watch tv with the husband. His birthday was Friday. We went to Longhorn's and I got him the most delicious cake with fudge frosting. I felt fat cells multiplying as I looked at it! To compensate for what he had that night (filet mignon wrapped in bacon) today I made vegan vegetable soup. It was so delicious. I make it Italian style and honestly, it was better than Olive Garden and had a lot less salt. I tried to buy all the products I could salt free. Yummy and we have lots leftover too. I love soup in the winter.


Missie said...

If you end up going to the doctor, keep me updated. I'll keep you in my prayers.

You're Aunt has good taste. I love our Coach outlet.

Have a good night.


Glad you had some fun when your aunt visited. OUTLET shopping is always an adventure. Sorry to hear about the swelling in your foot. When I take any kind of BP meds, both my feet swell to the size of elephants legs and I can't walk. I hope they are able to get the swelling under control for you and fast. I know how uncomfortable it is. I think it is ridiculous you have to do so much paperwork over the disability when it's been done before. What a waste of time. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to your husband. Sounds like he had a nice day. Hang in there. take care.

alphawoman said...

I am keeping you in my prayers that all works out with the disability income.