Thursday, December 02, 2010

Life Goes On

My life has felt so hectic. Thanksgiving I made a 20 pound turkey. My father's hospice nurse didn't show until hours later so my mother and sister decided just to eat there with their small bird. It was just Rob and I. Later I took them some of our turkey too. It was great to have four days off work but honestly I had so much to do that they flew by. I was able to get some car work taken care of, wrap some Christmas gifts and get the cards written and sent. I also have slowly used the Cpap but only once for the entire night.

Many changes at work. For two years I had the same boss. I just got my FOURTH boss in less than a year yesterday. It's so hard to get used to each one and then they get promoted and move on. I am glad for them but it's hard on us. I will be moving back to my old team (along with half of my current team) and these people are just so thoughtful and loving I am excited for the change.

I am fighting depression this season. I lost my grandmother before Christmas last year but I was so ill I just wasn't really dealing with it and grieving. This year it has hit me like a ton of bricks. I cry daily, sometimes several times throughout the day thinking of her. I know this will pass but it's difficult now.
My aunt said she feels the same way but that we have to think that she is where she wants to be and her suffering has ended. There are things worse than physical suffering.

Well, time to get some bills paid. Hope you are all in full swing for the holiday season. Happy Hanukkah to those celebrating.

1 comment:

TARYTERRE said...

Happy to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving. Time off is precious. Glad the changes at work are positive ones. Christmas is indeed upon us. Let the good memories of your grandma shine through, and sooner than you realize, you'll be in better spirits. She wouldn't want you to be sad by her memory.