Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rain slowly clearing

We will be leaving shortly to go have dinner at my mother's. My sister has invited us, my brother who lives next door and his wife. I have made a few simple things to take with us. This morning I suddenly realized that I had not had my INR tested in nearly seven weeks. I am supposed to do this every four weeks and be rigid about it. I messed up. Went to the hospital this morning and got that done. There were police officers all over that area checking to see if people were on cell phones. I have a bluetooth device for when I am in the car and need to be talking on the phone, which I don't do often. I was pulled over and asked if I was on the phone. I told the officer I was not and offered to show him my cell phone was in my purse which was unopened. He told me it wasn't necessary and sent me on my way. I then mailed bills and went to the mall. I used to love Macy's. Now they have coupons that increasingly limit what they will cover. I waited in line ten minutes only to be told that it would not cover a shirt I was buying because it was some kind of special buy. How would I know this? So...I went back and found other things that would be covered and stood in line again. I had forgotten to bring my card so each purchase required fishing out my driver's license and feeding my social security number into an electronic pad. I had a gift card that I was finally able to use and got some good deals but the lines were not easy. People tend to get testy in these situations.

I wanted to put a link here to the most wonderful blog where my friend (and artist) Judith HeartSong published pictures. THE ART OF TEA is a blog showing the clever and creative minds of several artists. Some of them defy description, at least by me. We own several teapots and Rob loves to use a diffuser and make a strong pot of tea. I also like tea but do not feel the decaffeinated ones are as good.

It is wonderful to have another weekend. They are my job now. That is when I can take a deep sigh and relax. During the week life is much too hectic. I hope all of you who are reading this can take a deep breath as well and enjoy some ME time. We all need that. Have I told you lately I appreciate you? If you take time to come here and share my life, I appreciate that time and YOU.

3 comments:

Judith HeartSong said...

you are wonderful Nelle and I am so lucky to know you.

I am so glad you like the art of tea blog I created for the art center's fundraiser... these are all incredible artists!!!!

jennifer said...

STRONG pot of tea. I knew there was a reason I love Rob.

Nothing worse than tea that is tastes like bad water.

Missie said...

So what was your INR level? I hope it was in a good range.

I'm so glad to be done with INR levels. I'm glad to be done taking the Coumadin.

That was too much rain we had over 2 days! I'm glad the week is supposed to be dry.

Have a good one.