Monday, September 07, 2009

A Fabulous Day

Yesterday Rob and I had a simply marvelous day. It began with pulling our Halloween stuff out of the attic. We have two containers full. Each year we usually add one thing and often they are things gifted to us. For my birthday in July my sister-in-law Stephanie gifted me a black cat decoration. Rob loves all cats and we use them a lot for Halloween. After we did that Rob took down and washed the living room miniblinds. We have found using dish detergent in the tub works best. I took down my little valances which I love and saw that the sun has ruined them. I need to find replacements. That lead us to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond and they had nothing I wanted but we ran into a former next door neighbor and her daughter. This was a two year old when we met her and I was shocked at how lovely and tall she is. We then went to the mall and had a delicous lunch at Ruby Tuesdays. I had a glass of sangria that was delicious. We picked up some soaps and candles then I called my brother who lives about ten minutes away. His wife was seriously injured in a car accident about a month ago. She is very sweet and this has been so hard on her. She has had to have artificial and human bone put into the leg. She still cannot put any weight on the leg and is in a wheelchair. She has to sleep in a hospital bed and isn't allowed to go in public because she cannot afford to pick up any germs. We had a nice visit and I took her a fall candle. On the way home we swung by the Coach Factory outlet. I had wanted to go there but heard it was still very expensive. I was talking with a coworker on Friday who told me she picked up a pocketbook for $80.00. I was really surprised because in the mall they are at least $300.00.
We pulled up and there was a LINE of people waiting to get into the store. They said it was due to fire hazard safety. I waited about ten minutes and found a beautiful handbag with all the discounts I think it was $120.00 but it is all leather. It is beautiful. I have never had a Coach bag and always thought I would like to own one. I decided to splurge on myself. I rationalized this because I had used all my birthday money to pay bills. Now I am pretty much caught up.
We came home and just relaxed. That is something I don't get to do very often.
I am going to finish putting out some Halloween decorations today. Hoping for another relaxing and enjoyable day. We wanted to have my mother take Dad to the beach....there are areas on the boardwalk you can sit and it is wheelchair accessible. We can take his aid along as it is only about a 40 minute ride. My mother thinks it would be too much trouble. She is also embarassed about how my father acts. That really annoyed me. I told her people can see he has had several strokes and anyone who would be bothered by that does not concern me. She has always been so concerned about appearances. I don't know if her generation was raised to be this way. Many of my friends mothers are the same way. When my father gets upset he curses repeatedly. This doesn't happen that often but she just gets beside herself. Another thing I have never understood, these are just words why does she percieve them as being so powerful? There are other words I detest but they are usally words used to insult, hurt or show prejudice to people. A word used to express anger or frustration does not upset me. Anyway, hoping for another good day. I have really enjoyed this weekend thus far and now for the bonus day.

3 comments:

Missie said...

I'm not sure if I'm giong to decorate for halloween this year. We don't get any trick or treaters any more so it seems a waste of my time and effort.

Have a good week!

Ronni Gordon said...

Glad you had a great day.

Halloween seems kinda far away. I think I like it like that. I don't want it to interfere with the end of summer!

Nelle said...

Missie
I live in a development. Betweeen 4 and 6 p.m. there are about sixty kids that come and after six p.m. until about nine another forty! If you give out full sized bars as I did the first two years, some circle back later. I am trying to find the small bags of popcorn for the microwave. Those were a huge hit and I feel a healthier treat. For years I lived in the country and I missed my treaters, having grown up in a development. It takes me back to my fun memories.

Ronni,
I really didn't feel the summer this year. My life was so hectic and I spent most of the time indoors in air conditioning. I have my windows open and am loving the night air.