Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday..........again.............






The weeks fly by......when I'm working 45 hours a week. At least the weekends seem to come in rapid succession. Somedays the work days go by painfully slowly. Some minutes of taking phone calls from irate people seem to take forever. It's sad to me how volatile so many people are. I can understand anger and frustration but to say you want to physically hurt someone because they didn't give you information (information that the average person already knows) is to me incomprehensible. I won't go into any further details because I don't think I should discuss too much of my job outside of the place I work, but I am sadly disappointed in the behavior of many people. People who would put their minds and bodies at serious risk instead of calmly handling a situation which is easily resolved. I like to think that I am always learning new lessons about life. Perhaps this is yet another. What always comes to mind is that these people who have families must live with their out of control anger. Often as they calm down they begin to admit that they have exaggerated greatly.






For those of you in the blogging community who know Mary aka Alphawoman I received a great hand made card from her this week. She can always take me for a stroll down memory lane. It had the Fab Four on the front. I have so many wonderful memories associated with them. I remember the VERY first time I heard a Beatles song. I was in fourth grade and their hit here "I Want to Hold Your Hand" was hitting U.S. airwaves. I was at my first boy/girl party at a place called Cabin John and these kids, the Delroys had the album. They were playing it and I had my first kiss from a boy playing spin the bottle while hearing the entire album. On a warm summer day by the Chesapeake Bay (Broom's Island to be precise) I was visiting my grandmother's neighbor. My grandmother had a modest summer home there. This girl had the Sargeant Pepper album and I heard it for the fist time that day. This girl was a few years older than I and worldly by my standards. She demonstrated her make out techniques on a pillow for me. That day seemed so special to me that I can still recall the breeze blowing through her bedroom curtains from the bay. The smell of the bay and the fresh seafood that my grandmother had just brought in from her morning harvest. Not to know all the dangers of the world...a time before the Viet Nam War and AIDS. Love was free and easy then. A kinder, gentler time. I wish I could relive that day.........in a sense I can in my mind's eye. Thanks for bringing back those memories.



Love may not be all that you need but it certainly makes the ride worth taking.



Have a great weekend!!


No comments: