Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Putting on my college student uniform

Tonight I have another class.......I should be leaving in a few minutes but find myself mysteriously here still on the computer.

I mentioned my new desk. It has a phone on it with my own extension. Best of all it has a spanking brand new Dell computer with a killer flat screen large monitor. Oh how I love that monitor. Wish I had one just like it at home. I have a large monitor but the glare is hard on my eyes. (I have glaucoma which thankfully is controlled by eyedrops.) I also have the wonderful sunflower calendar my darling gave me at Christmas for my work area (which then was non specific). I am really happy now to have all the comforts of a real work area.

Tonight I go to school. My lovely coworker and classmate is giving me a lift. She only lives a few miles from me. We have different bosses, she works as an assistant to one man while I am an assistant to the current owner and staff support as well. There are days I really enjoy my job.
Yesterday I worked until 4 and got a phone call when I got home. I had forgotten my cardiologist appointment yesterday. (Actually I had blocked the day square with a party invitation for this Sunday.) Oops! On the other hand I think it's wonderful that instead of worrying about my health I am moving forward with my life and let it slip my mind. Other than being tired because I just don't get enough sleep, I am feeling pretty good. Well, it's not like I'm that old......I mean I am a college student ........ of sorts.

Did anyone notice my lovely pink clock? Courtesy of Jennifer aka Xzasporated1? Gotta love it.

3 comments:

jennifer said...

College student uniform. I think that would be short shorts, belly shirt and flip flops. Or sweats and flip flops. Or jeans and flip flogs. All with belly shirt.

jennifer said...

Uh...that would be flip flops. Flip Flogs are something entirely different.

Nelle said...

Ah Jennifer........that would not look good on me. I usually go in jeans (sometimes Capris, sometimes long ones), T shirt, jeans jacket and flip flops. However, yesterday it really cooled off. I think I will need clogs tonight. I am not allowed to wear jeans to work so it's a treat to wear them to school. I was teasing my coworker attending the same class that we should get the school name for our car windows.